Re: MHonArc archives to be retired?

On 16/02/2018 06:51, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Perhaps a silly question, but why retire the MHonArc archives at all?
>
> - Lots of lists run multiple archives
>
> - I've been running MHonArc archives on a few dozen lists, for decades -
> with pretty much zero attention required - they just run themselves;
> they don't even take up that much disk space
>
> It's not like there's a serious burden in keeping the MHonArc archives -
> in administrative labor, or disk space (not a lot of images or large
> files on the IETF lists) - so why not just keep them running?

Exactly. Even though the new archive is constantly improving, its UI and
underlying concept are so fundamentally different to MHonArc that it
can *never* do what MHonArc does best (and vice versa). Don't fight it.
Run both. Make everybody happy.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter
   Department of Computer Science
   The University of Auckland
   http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~brian/

(I am currently sending all mail from this address
due to a Gmail bug. I can still receive via Gmail.)