Re: Bangkok and IETF (was: Last Call draft-ietf-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process-11)

I heard Bangkok is a good place for playing chess...

Regards,

Christer

Sent from my iPhone

On 3 Feb 2018, at 9.51, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018, Christian Huitema wrote:

OK. My personal opinion is that the politics of Thailand are something for the Thai people to decide, and I will leave it at that. But, what if I have tee-shirt that reads "We reject kings, presidents and voting." Am I going to need a lawyer?

I've spent a year in Thailand total (so no expert, but at least have been there for a while), I doubt anybody will care. As long as you don't say anything specifically about the kings of Thailand, I don't see how it would be a problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A8se_majest%C3%A9_in_Thailand

It's a domestic thing. Don't get involved in Thai politics and you'll be fine. If someone would complain about it, apologize and say you didn't know. As everywhere, de-escalation of a situation is everything.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx