Re: Bangkok and IETF (was: Last Call draft-ietf-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process-11)

On 2/2/2018 8:25 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> About the lese majese laws mentioned in earlier email. Just be
> normally respectful to the fact that the Thai people love their king,
> and you'll be fine. Also don't do/bring drugs. Thailand has since the
> 90ties (or something) been under a lot of pressure due to "war on
> drugs" internationally. So they do not look the other way, and drug
> conviction is not a slap-on-the-wrist in Thailand. You get serious
> jail time, and from what I've heard, the prisons are not nice.

OK. My personal opinion is that the politics of Thailand are something
for the Thai people to decide, and I will leave it at that. But, what if
I have tee-shirt that reads "We reject kings, presidents and voting." Am
I going to need a lawyer?

-- Christian Huitema