Re: Today's transition for www.ietf.org

On 1/11/2018 9:07 AM, Valery Smyslov wrote:

> It was a "search" box on the main page of old site,
> that actually performed IETF document search
> (as a "serach" box on datatracker page does).
> Now on the main page the "search" performs only a literal search
> through the site (that can be done with Google).
> Not a big deal actually - go to a datatracker page
> and search for documents there. Just a small inconvinience.

I did a simple search for "IETF mailing list". Something that a newcomer
might want to do, since they are the stated target of the new site. I
get lots of links to stuff with "mailing list" in their title, but this
newcomer does not find how to subscribe to the IETF mailing list. And
"subscribe ietf mailing list" gets the same results. But if you want to
now about the IETF 62 attendees mailing list, that works...

-- Christian Huitema