Re: Why the change? (was Re: Today's transition for www.ietf.org)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Rex" <mrex@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 9:18 PM

> Andrew Sullivan <ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > People who don't know what an IETF is sometimes have occasion to
need
> > to know
>
> Oh great!  You seem to fully agree to quickly trash the new page
> and resurrect the previous IETF home page -- because the previous
> IETF home pages did spell out the IETF acronym directly,
> while as the new pile of crap entirely lacks such a description.

In this day and age, I would not trust an organisation to tell the truth
about itself so my first port of call for a new body that I wanted to
learn about would be Wikipedia, and only when I have got a view from
that as a point of reference would I venture into the website of the
body itself in order to refine my view.

Meanwhile, thank heavens for FTP, the simplest and most straightforward
source of current I-D.

Tom Petch