Re: Scope for self-destructing email?

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 7:41 PM, Adam Roach <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/17/17 2:15 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
If the next President of the US was to come to me and ask if I could provide a mechanism that would allow her to send an email message to members of her cabinet and that supported a 'recall' feature, I would have no hesitation in saying yes, conditional on some technical support which Microsoft and Apple and some others are both capable of providing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22hdcp+stripper%22

https://www.atomos.com/ninja/

​The point is that the President has already decided to extend an extraordinary degree of trust to the cabinet by appointing them. They can certainly be trusted not to make use of devices of that sort (and in any case, their use can probably be disabled on the tablet class devices, which is what I wanted assistance from Apple and Microsoft for).

That is precisely why the same consideration would not apply even to allies as close as the UK.

We are all very much aware of the techniques that can be used to strip out commodity DRM for copyright enforcement. They do not apply to applications where the data is being shared between a few dozen or a few hundred users to anything like the same degree as sharing the data with a quarter billion folk round the world.