Re: RESENDING - Incremental Deployment of IPv6-only Wi-Fi for IETF Meetings

[ i do not speak for the noc ]

yes, this was discussed after seoul.  folk seemed to have this funny
idea that the meeting network is to facilitate getting work done.  i
hope you felt the chicago and praha networks were successful.

> so, seems you should try it and fix/ticket/etc if it does not work,
> no?  its been discussed, i forget if on this or the 99-attendees list,
> that its not sufficient to nurture v6 and its transition technologies
> by simply switching to a v4 ssid nor to avoid using v6.

in praha, as we had a second A10, we could finally consider nat64 to be
a production service.  we thank those who used, reported successes, and
ticketed problems.

the noc is very open to ideas on an easier/better way of reporting,
discussing, and tracking issues with the nat64 network in s'pore.  we
would like to make it as easy as possible for john and the nat64 folk to
track and deal with the equipment, software, and application vendors.

getting problems with nat64 identified, diagnosed, and fixed (or worked
around, sigh) is in the ietf's and the public's interest.

randy