Re: RESENDING - Incremental Deployment of IPv6-only Wi-Fi for IETF Meetings

On Jul 28, 2017, at 7:53 PM, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
IIUC correctly this'd also break DNSSEC for some names and has to.
If so, I'd be against it.

Yes, if your host doesn't do DNS64 and does do validation, you will get validation failures for signed A records.   I would argue that this is a broken configuration, but perhaps you would argue otherwise. :)

People who are forward-thinking (but not enough) in their use of DNSSEC and backward-thinking in their use of IPv6 will have problems.   It would be interesting to see if this produces operational problems in practice; if it does, I would expect people who ran into such problems to switch to the legacy network, and we would see that in the SSID usage.

Would you run into a problem in this case, if I may be so bold as to ask?