Re: Slides, eye charts, and a beg for readability

I have a talk for the EDU team on presentation skills a couple of years ago, and included short, easy notes on slides. Find it on their page.

Document authors don't reliably send in slides ahead of time, even with badgering. They're volunteers; the only thing chairs could do would be threaten to yank their slot, which weakens the WG's work.

Similarly, authors aren't generally bothering to look for advice on how the improve their slides. Resources exist. Rather, they write notes on pages and consider it done.

I think all we can really do is complain about it so this meeting's presenters hear about it and do better next time.

Lee

Sent from my iPhone