Re: Structure of IETF meeting weeks

On Apr 19, 2017, at 11:43 AM, Aaron Falk <aafalk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not this is a significant problem. I manage this by not going to meetings that have uninteresting agendas. Same for Bits-n-Bytes. C.f. George Michaelson’s talk about having IETF meetings in the hallways…

I don't think it's possible for us to say on behalf of the IETF which meetings are more and which are less beneficial, because that will be different for different people.   However, a structure that allows for collaborative work to be done when there are no meetings happening would have the benefit that not only you, but also the people you want to talk to, would potentially not be in meetings for extended periods of time.

Of course, the risk is that people will take these time periods for sightseeing rather than gathering.