Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

Another salient passage from the article:

“In the short to medium term, I think the answer is going to be avoiding all but absolutely essential travel to the United States,” Hall [a UK lawyer] added. “I’m aware of at least one conference on cyber security and ethical hacking which switched to Toronto at short notice because of these concerns.”

When I returned from Chicago, my wife (also a computer science professor) asked me:
“So how was the final visit you will ever have made to the USA?”
She may have been more right than I thought at the time.

Grüße, Carsten