Re: IPv10 (Temp. name IPmix) (draft-omar-ipv10-00.txt).

> However (see above) I baiscally agree with you. When MIF was first
> proposed I said "all we really need is a default router per prefix"
> and IMNSHO that's still true.

you would think it was simple; absolutely maximize any and all feature
and configuration parity between dhcp4 and dhcp6.  between managing a
v4 an a v6 (and mixed) network in general.  but no, it goes against the
religion, the religion that has further slowed what was a designed-in
transition hell.

>> instead of giving the customer what they want, we invent shiny new
>> stuff and wonder why they walked away.  it must be that they are
>> stupid.
> Hardly, but they are sometimes a bit set in their ways. Change costs
> money.

somehow, the ipv6 religion seems to make normally sensible folk immune
to the perception of 'customer.'

randy, who lost blood fighting idiocy such as NLA/TLA