Re: IPv10 (Temp. name IPmix) (draft-omar-ipv10-00.txt).

On 31/12/2016 18:18, Randy Bush wrote:
>>> control in address assignment is useful - what MAC receives what -
>>> for nearly all but the most simple network, imo.  how is that done
>>> with slaac?
>> It isn't. So what? If that's your requirement, run DHCPv6. Your
>> Android users can complain to whoever it is that supports Android.
>
> for some silly reason, my customers don't think they pay me for
> blame shifting.  they just want things to work.

Yes. So not implementing DHCPv6 might be a self-defeating decision
by an operating system developer, don't you think?

> and, let me repeat for the fourth time, enterprises of scale use
> dhcp to drive clients to the desired exit.

Excuse my ignorance, but which DHCP options does that involve?

> dhcp6 does not let
> them do that.  without feature parity we don't get to play.

Which is why I think RFC 8028 has value.  It's intended to
support exit selection via first-hop selection.

    Brian