Re: IPv10 (Temp. name IPmix) (draft-omar-ipv10-00.txt).

> Finally, this proposal does nothing to solve the problem it
> identifies, legacy IPv4 hosts in the enterprise environment that will
> not migrate. There appears to be an unstated assumption that
> administrators of legacy hosts will make the changes necessary for
> this inconsistent and underspecified proposal, despite the
> demonstrated fact that they are unwilling to make the well documented
> changes to deploy IPv6 because they simply refuse to make a change, or
> to learn something new.

exactly.  enterprises have een controllong their environments and
permissions across it based on ip assignment via dhcp for a few
decades.  and ipv4 nat is a much easier and cheaper way to get their
job done than trying to deal with ipv6.

in general, i do not find it a very viable business strategy to tell
my customers to do things they just do not want to do.  pushing water
uphill.  and we have been so good at denial for a decades.

we blamed the operators.  we blamed the cpe vendors.  we blamed the
router vendors.  and now we blame the users.  it's always someone
else's fault.

randy