Re: IETF note well relating to pictures?

On 28/07/2016 04:33, S Moonesamy wrote:
> Hi Andy,
> At 05:23 27-07-2016, Andrew G. Malis wrote:
>> Here's a concrete example. Photos of IETF plenaries have been published, online or otherwise, in various formats and venues,
>> such as on Facebook or on blogs. Sometimes I've spotted myself in the photos, in at least one case very visibly. However, it
>> is impratical to check with every single person attending the plenary to ask their permission ot publish the photos. Should
>> they be allowed to be published? I think so, even though I wasn't asked at the time.
>
> The Note Well would not cover the above example as the venues do not look like venues where the organization conducts its work.
> There are country-specific laws which regulate the publication of an image of a person.

Again, the Note Well doesn't replace local laws. It's a general warning that
you may be recorded and the recording may be published. If you get photographed in
Germany and it's published outside Germany, for example, I wouldn't place much
faith in the courts.

    Brian