Re: How to get feedback on published RFCs [resending as plaintext]

Yaron Sheffer wrote:

> Once an RFC is published, there is essentially no way for readers to
> provide feedback: what works, what are the implementation pitfalls, how
> does the document relate to other technologies or even to other RFCs.
>
> We IETF insiders usually know what is the relevant working group, and
> can take our feedback there. Non-insiders though don't have any contact
> point, and so will most likely keep their feedback to themselves.

For a few years, the front pages of RFCs have been carrying a statement
like this on their front pages:

from RFC7901 (June 2016):

   Information about the current status of this document, any errata,
   and how to provide feedback on it may be obtained at
   http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7901.

from RFC5746 (Feb 2010):

   Information about the current status of this document, any errata,
   and how to provide feedback on it may be obtained at
   http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc5746.

and the info on the RFC Editor website says

  Discuss this RFC: Send questions or comments to <....>@ietf.org