Re: [Mtgvenue] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

On 5/26/16 8:18 AM, nalini.elkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> But I think for some people, no matter what I or any of the other
>> people say, they will not be convinced.  So now what?  I think we are
>> pretty much at that pass today.

>I think it was rather clear from the questions you proposed
>that you don't actually understand the potential problems
>around parental and familial rights, etc.

What questions do you think are better to pose?

>I would also suggest that it's extremely difficult to understand the
>subtle ways in which particular bigotries are implemented
>unless you've lived it, or the ways in which they're negotiated
>by the people who live with those bigotries daily.

Frankly, I find it rather amusing of you to suggest that a short woman of color in high tech in the United States does not understand bigotry.

I would say that I have a fairly full and rich understanding of discrimination.    No need to go into more details, irrelevant to the issue.

>On a personal note, I'd be grateful if people would avoid
>posting statements of the form "I totally support GLBT rights,
>but <insert unsupportive comment>."

Sorry if you saw my comments as unsupportive.  It was not my intent.

Nalini