Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

> On May 24, 2016, at 7:14 PM, Melinda Shore <melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 5/24/16 2:20 PM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>> I said this already a few messages ago. If instead of the IETF is a
>> business meeting that your boss tell you need to go (at least in my
>> country, and here comes what you said about different cultures), you
>> will have no choice: a) Go there b) You’re fired, maybe unless a
>> colleague can make it for you and your boss accept it But
>> definitively, you will not be able to argue in front of a court to
>> defend your job that you can’t go there because your family need to
>> go there with you and that country don’t allow it.
>
> Allow me to suggest that you know no such thing, and that
> you're presenting a strawman argument that may, in fact,
> be completely false.  US companies tend to come down on the
> side of supporting diversity and rejecting bigotry - take
> a look at the response to North Carolina's HB2.

My employer has in their code of business conduct strong support for exactly what Melinda is saying. I do not believe anyone at my employer would be fired for being unwilling to put themselves in a position of sexual discrimination. My experience is that most large international companies have similar policies.