Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

On 5/24/16 11:57 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:
ISTM that the number of people meaningfully negatively affected by
bringing IETF to Singapore is likely quite a bit smaller than the number
of people positively affected by bringing IETF to Singapore.

Well, there's some number of us who will not be going
to Singapore as a matter of personal conscience, aside
from those whose families may be at increased risk.
But either way, these seems like an odd way to deal with
problems around diversity and inclusion, and I hope that
people are asking themselves if they'd frame problems
around religious bias, race, and so on in quite the same way.

And for the record, given the difficulties we've had getting
visas for Chinese participants to come into the US, I'm fine
with not meeting in the US until this is resolved.  I'd like
to think that we're not chucking some participants overboard
because assuring their ability to participate is
inconvenient and takes some effort.

Melinda