Re: [arch-d] Call for Comment: <draft-iab-rfc3677bis> (IETF ISOC Board of Trustee Appointment Procedures)

--On Saturday, February 27, 2016 12:35 -0800 Barry Leiba
<barryleiba@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> NEW:
>>    If ISOC further modifies [ISOC-By-Laws] concerning the
>>    number of IETF appointments to the ISOC Board or the
>>    timing thereof, the IAB may make corresponding
>>    modifications to the frequency and the timing of the
>>    processes embodied in this document, pending any
>>    modification to this document. Such changes will be
>>    announced via an IAB statement.
>
> I think a change such as that would be good.

I agree but, if the intent is that the IAB modifications and
statement are a stopgap, to avoid discontinuities, etc., but
that the IAB is still expected to move expeditiously to get the
BCP updated, that could be said a lot more clearly.

   john