Re: Checksum at IP layer - is it even needed ?

Saku Ytti wrote:

>> That is a fatal defect of SRVINFO (and URI), because, if a domain
>> support 100 services with 2 transport protocols, there are 200
>> RRs, all of which must be replied for a single query, which is
>> unacceptably inefficient, which is why it is necessary to use a
>> service specific domain name for each service.
>
> Can and must are different things. Just because you can, does not mean
> you should, must less that you must. Saying proposal is bad, because
> you can do stupid things with it, is bizarre.

That's why I didn't assume 100 transport protocols.

But, it is stupid to forbid "https://example.com"; and force using
"https://www.example.com";, which means, in a long run, a domain
will support a lot of application protocols.

						Masataka Ohta

 I can have arbitrary