Re: Checksum at IP layer - is it even needed ?

On 16 Dec 2015, at 14:00, Masataka Ohta wrote:

> That is a fatal defect of SRVINFO (and URI), because, if a domain
> support 100 services with 2 transport protocols, there are 200
> RRs, all of which must be replied for a single query, which is
> unacceptably inefficient, which is why it is necessary to use a
> service specific domain name for each service.

Not URI as the owner for the URI is prefixed with the service and protocol.

The NAPTR do have a RRSet that blows up in size when you have multiple services etc.

NAPTR have a design where a domain name announces what services it can handle.

URI have a design where you look up what you want given you already know what service you are after.

This is why for example I personally think NAPTR is broken for ENUM and URI would have been better. And due to the higher efficiency why I think URI is better than "HTTP redirect via well-known-url".

   Patrik