Re: Proposed Statement on "HTTPS everywhere for the IETF"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jari Arkko" <jari.arkko@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Joe Touch" <touch@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "Richard Barnes" <rlb@xxxxxx>; <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2015 4:55 AM

I am not sure the discussion about blocking is relevant. We will change
defaults, but cleartext is still available.

<tp>

I note that the statement makes TLS 1.2 a MUST and earlier versions of
TLS a SHOULD NOT.

In practical terms, what levels of browser will we be required to have
in order to be able to use TLS 1.2?

Tom Petch

Jari