Re: Proposed Statement on "HTTPS everywhere for the IETF"

Hiya,

On 03/06/15 11:47, t.p. wrote:
> [...]

The statement refers to BCP195, which is our very recent IETF
consensus document on generic use of TLS and which says the
above and a bit more about versions. [1] I can't see we would
want to ignore that output from the UTA working group here - if
that BCP really doesn't work for IETF content, then we would
presumably need get the WG to fix the BCP and not the statement;-)

> In practical terms, what levels of browser will we be required to have
> in order to be able to use TLS 1.2?

I'm not sure to be honest, but for me, up-to-date ff and chromium
(on Linux) are both fine, e.g. when accessing [1] I end up with
TLS1.2 with both of those.

Cheers,
S.

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp195#section-3.1.1