Re: comments on newly generated html draft format and font sizes

Hi Micke, all,

On 2015-04-22 20:07, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2015, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
>
>> Hi Joel,
>>
>> On 2015-04-22 18:06, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
>>> Hi Joel,

>>> I'll set up a bunch of sample pages for you to try out.
>>
>> Here are links to pages set up with 9pt, 10pt, 11pt and 12pt:
>>
>> 	https://tools.ietf.org/pt/
>
> Could you please create versions with "1em" and "medium" as well?
>
> Because I can already tell you that 12pt is too big in my OSX Chrome, and
> it's too big in landscape mode on my iPad, but it's just the right size in
> portrait mode on my iPad (tried both Safari and Chrome on iPad).
>
> So there must be a better way to do this than to specify a point size?

Here's a strawman using @media queries:

  http://zin.tools.ietf.org/pt/draft-ietf-idr-error-handling-19-responsive.html

Comments on this one are very welcome.

(For my eyes, it works reasonably well on all the devices I have immediate
access to, even if I'd personally prefer a slightly larger font on my
laptop.  But my laptop browser lets me enlarge the font and will remember
the setting, so that's OK.

The original problem I wanted to address when leaving the default setting
was that on tablets, I /always/ had to reverse pinch to zoom out, which
becomes very tiresome after a while.)

Best regards,

	Henrik