Re: Thoughts from IETF-92

> On Mar 30, 2015, at 8:20 PM, Richard Shockey <richard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> 1.  Look at our schedule.  We are going to Prague. It would be most
> fitting and proper for ISOC to sponsor a limited number of free passes to
> the IETF meetings to the Czech telecom regulators. That could be easily be
> arranged.  Why should the ITU have all the fun.

Be careful what you wish for. You may discover that you already have it.

ISOC brings on the order of 12-15 “policy fellows” to IETF meetings regularly, introduces them to the IETF, and has a series of talks given by technical folks to help them understand the Internet better. I suspect that the thing most of them walk away with is the business cards of a few people they think might be able to answer questions for them in the future, and the fact that we don’t bite - at least not outsiders.

And yes, I suspect they will do so in Prague, Yokohama, Buenos Aires, and in the meetings that follow.