Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

On Feb 11, 2015, at 10:43 AM, Loa Andersson <loa@xxxxx> wrote:
> Let us say that we have 1200 attendees per meeting, the group you are
> talking is 1% of the 1200, we are talking about 12 people.

I suspect that what you will find is that of the remote attendees, zero are there to read email in a meeting room.   So I think this 1% figure you've pulled out of your hat is probably not a good one to use: it's likely that a regular remote attendee is very involved in the IETF.

For my own part, now that I'm no longer an AD as of March, I'm seriously questioning whether I want to keep flying to IETF meetings every time.   It's a huge carbon footprint, expensive for my company, and really disruptive to my life.   IETF has been getting better and better at supporting remote attendees.   I would love to be able to skip a couple of IETFs a year, and the nomcom eligibility requirement is a major impediment to being able to do that in good conscience.

(And yes, I recognize that if I wound up on nomcom, attendance during that period would not be optional.)