Re: on recurring favourite locations for November IETF meetings

On 12/11/2014 08:30, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> At every meeting there is some case about people not being able to get
> there, which is certainly a problem.  But I find it vexing how this
> always causes an _ad hoc_ chorus heave into existence to say, "Why
> don't we just?"

Indeed. The IAOC has to plan locations several years in advance, which
means that they will choose locations for year N+2 that avoid the problems
and satisfy the requirements known in year N. That's the best they can do.

The main learning from this meeting is surely: make it possible to get
invitation letters 6 months in advance.

    Brian