Re: Flollow up from Admin Plenary

On Aug 20, 2014, at 4:09 AM, Nico Williams <nico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 09:08:31PM +0000, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 08:49:41AM +1200, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>>> "There should be one place to look at all comments during last
>>> call for the draft editors, shepherds, and others."
>>>
>>> This is the most important point you make. It doesn't actually need
>>> to be fancy; it could be an enhancement of Tero Kivinen's review tool,
>>> or an extension of the data tracker, with relevant emails captured of
>>> course. It would greatly enhance the last call process.
>>
>> A github for IETF drafts would substantially move us in that
>> direction.  In addition to tracking document revisions, github
>> supports in-line comments, pull requests, ...
>
> +1.  Or any other git-based commercial repository service.  (Even a
> Fossil-based one, but please, no SVN.)

I was thinking about using for last calls a webpage containing:
 - the draft text
 - a message from the shepherd (writeup in the case of IETF LC)
 - links to any directorate reviews that have been received
 - Disqus comments.

I think a source control solution like git works better for document development in the WG, less so for IETF last call.

Yoav