Re: Flollow up from Admin Plenary

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 08:49:41AM +1200, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> "There should be one place to look at all comments during last
> call for the draft editors, shepherds, and others."
>
> This is the most important point you make. It doesn't actually need
> to be fancy; it could be an enhancement of Tero Kivinen's review tool,
> or an extension of the data tracker, with relevant emails captured of
> course. It would greatly enhance the last call process.

A github for IETF drafts would substantially move us in that
direction.  In addition to tracking document revisions, github
supports in-line comments, pull requests, ...

In other words, a collaborative document editing system in addition
to the mailing list.

It would be nice if the document editing system were also able to
archive all mail messages pertaining to the review.  I don't think
that archiving of email messages and displaying email threads is
currently a feature of github.

The TLS working group has been using github for TLSv1.3 I believe,
perhaps their experience can be used to determine whether that's
a useful model.

--
	Viktor.