Re: Status

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Melinda Shore <melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'd actually be fine with experimental, to the extent that it
> provided background for some experiments with trying to find
> a workable framework for evaluating snoop-resistance in IETF
> specifications.  I'm less good with publishing a BCP that's
> neither "best" nor "current" nor "practice."

I don't believe finding a "framework for evaluating snoop-resistance
in IETF specifications" describes the goal. That would be very very
difficult. Providing background for such an effort? Sure, but again I
don't think that's a primary goal. We want to establish guidelines for
WGs in doing security considerations ... but IMHO specific statements
of guidelines are beyond the scope of this draft. I believe this draft
is just establishing a fundamental principle on which to take the next
steps. Maybe it should just be informational because there's very
little actual practice in it?

Scott