Re: Last Call: <draft-farrell-perpass-attack-02.txt> (Pervasive Monitoring is an Attack) to Best Current Practice

On 12/13/2013 01:13 PM, Eliot Lear wrote:
> Stephen,
>
> On 12/13/13 2:04 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, how's this for a suggestion, say placed somewhere near
>> the end of section 2:
>>
>>    Working groups and other sources of IETF specifications
>>    need to be able to describe how they have considered
>>    pervasive monitoring, and if the attack is relevant to
>>    their work, to be able to justify related design
>>    decisions.
>>
>>    This does not mean that a new "pervasive monitoring
>>    considerations" is required in Internet-drafts or
>>    other documentation - it simply means that, if asked,
>>    there needs to be a good answer to the question "is
>>    pervasive monitoring relevant to this work and if so
>>    how has it been addressed?"
>>

> Thank you, that is precisely the sort of text I was looking for.

Cool. Added to my to-do list. [1]

Be interested in knowing if you're also ok with the earlier
suggested change? [2] I think that matches well with adding
the above as well.

S.

[1] http://down.dsg.cs.tcd.ie/misc/ppbcp-text-suggestions.txt
[2]    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg84888.html