Re: A sort of council of elders for the internet

Hi Melinda,

On 11/10/2013 11:49 AM, Melinda Shore wrote:
> On 11/10/13 1:31 AM, Bert Wijnen (IETF) wrote:
>> Sorry, could not resist. Take it as a joke please.
>
> And it might still be funny if 1) the responses weren't all
> dismissive, and 2) the "diversity" work, which was a response
> to observations about lack of gender diversity, is now narrowly
> focused on regional representation.

Not sure why you think so, but this is not really true. One of our work
items reads

"Work on finding ways to incentivize IETF work among groups that we
consider are under-represented in the IETF."

with no pre-conceived notions about the under-represented groups.

Thanks
Suresh