Re: Last Call: <C> (On Consensus and Humming in the IETF) to Informational RFC

On Tuesday, November 5, 2013, Larry Masinter wrote:

I have (unfortunately) been in working group meetings where none of the implementers were present.  Even if EVERYONE agrees, EVERYONE hums yes, I wouldn't call it "rough consensus", because the real implementors weren't there.

I agree for protocol standards we will need implementors comments and hums, that is why remote hums are more important which the draft misses to mention. We need more reviewers and implementors, not more management members.

We may think to attract/pay implementors not managers. If IETF creates a special hat/authority for implementors or a body, as each IETF Area needs an implementor leader.

AB

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net