Re: CHANGE THE JOB (was Re: NOMCOM - Time-Critical - Final Call for Nominations)

On 18/10/2013 08:10, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> It might be helpful to talk about what could change, such as:

I've inserted some ideas about how to make such changes possible.

> 1. Less/no time on document reviews.

1A. All WGs do a near-perfect job on their drafts, including
complete management of cross-area reviews.

1B. Lower the current bar of near-perfection for document approval.

1C. IESG is allowed to reject a document as "Not ready" without
detailed explanation.

> 2. Less time managing working groups.

2A. All WG Chairs to do a near-perfect job.

2B. Quickly replace failing WG Chairs.

2C. Summary closure of failing WGs.

> 3. Fewer working groups to manage.

3A. IESG refuses the majority of proposed WGs.

3B. See 2C.

> 4. Fewer "extra" tasks (e.g., interfacing with other SDOs).

4A. Leave liaisons entirely to the designated liaison managers.

4B. Replace failing liaison managers. (IAB job)

4C. Simply refuse other extra tasks.

> 5. Less/no involvement with BoFs and other early-stage efforts.

5A. IAB spends less time on admin/politics and more time on Architecture,
including BOFs. Also see 3A.

> 6. Less/no involvement with creating the schedule.

[I'm not sure that will work. ADs are uniquely placed to
identify clashes and overlaps.]

   Brian