RE: [Sdn] FW: Last Call: <draft-sin-sdnrg-sdn-approach-04.txt> (Software-Defined Networking: A Perspective From Within A Service Provider) to Informational RFC

It is true that SDN depends on automation.

IMHO, "Automation" is a much bigger area than SDN.

When you look at Amazon EC2 graphic interface, you can click X number of VMs, and create any kind of virtual networks among them, along with a set of service functions to dictate inter-subnet communication. That is a "Software defined network".

Linda