Re: pgp signing in van

Subject: Re: pgp signing in van Date: Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 09:50:19PM +0000 Quoting Ted Lemon (Ted.Lemon@xxxxxxxxxxx):
> On Sep 8, 2013, at 5:33 PM, Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > To all the people who posted to this thread about how they don't know what
> > a PGP key signature means, and who did not PGP or S/MIME their email:
>
> What's the upside to signing my email?   I know why I want everybody I know to sign my email, but what's the upside for me if I do it?   Until there's a clear win, it's not going to happen.

If you, (like I am) are persistent in signing all email, an unsigned
email from you is going to Raise Concerns.

Bonus point: Signed email gets insane upvotes in Spamassassin.

Mutt, Mulberry, and Mail.app (the latter with GPGMail) all do a splendid
job of checking the box for you so that you mostly effortlessly can sign
all outgoing email. The software is there. The web of trust still is a
pain to maintain, but the tools and the benefits are both present.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668