Re: [spfbis] SPF TYPE support

On Aug 19, 2013, at 5:10 PM, Hector Santos <hsantos@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This will allow coders to add the optimized logic for usage.  It will also allow for new problem solving seeds to be laid down. It will hopefully get the DNS software vendors to finally add direct support for unnamed TYPE support (query and passthru) not only for SPF but for future DNS application protocols.

It would help if you would go review the working group discussion on this point; if you had done so, I do not believe you could make this point with a straight face, because it was soundly refuted by the working group.   I tried to make the same point to the working group, and they successfully argued me around.   Although I'm sure you're aware that I am quite stubborn, it's possible that they would not succeed in arguing you around as they did me.  But you ought at least to do us the service of allowing them to try by reviewing the discussion yourself.