Re: [spfbis] Last Call: <draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-19.txt> (Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1) to Proposed Standard

Note that I am not the shepherd for this draft, but I am the WG
co-chair.

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 05:05:21PM +0200, Måns Nilsson wrote:

> * The charter disallows major protocol changes -- removing the SPF RR type
> is a direct charter violation; since SPF is being used on the Internet.

That argument doesn't work, because the WG had to make a major
protocol change in this area no matter what, since 4408 has an
interoperability problem.  If you wish to argue that the WG decided on
the wrong protocol change, that line is open to you; but nobody can
argue that the change is wrong because of our charter.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx