Re: Remote participation and meeting mailing lists

On 7/24/13 9:07 AM, John C Klensin wrote:

--On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 06:43 -0800 Melinda Shore
<melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 7/24/13 12:30 AM, John C Klensin wrote:
Yes.  I was thinking a bit more generally.  For example,
schedule changes during the meeting week, IIR, go to NNall,
and not ietf-announce.   As a remote participant, one might
prefer to avoid the usual (and interminable) discussions
Yes, the meeting mailing lists are here:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/email-list.html
Yes, but...

(1) A hypothetical remote participating newcomer is expected to
find that how?  I note that the IETF home page links to mailing
lists do not list either 87all or 87attendees in any of the
obvious places.

(2) That page provides a mechanism for subscribing to
87attendees (the cookies and coffee and, I assume,
bumped-from-hotel-attendees very soon, discussion list) but not
a link to the far more important for remote folks 87all.   If
there is a way to subscribe to that without registering, I
haven't found it.

Note to remote participants:   The cookies and coffee list is
also where a lot of comments about the meeting network and
related facilities appears.  While most remote participants
don't need to know how poorly the network works in some
alternate hotel, information about Meetecho and Webex status
tends to appear there too.
We try to keep that in the IETF list since it's of presumed utility to the entire ietf community.
     john