Re: Regarding call Chinese names

Hi.
As I mentioned in  private mail, I think these are really great
documents and will work on learning the advice contained in them.

I hope we will all strive to pronounce names of contributors and their
companies as they would wish us to pronounce them.

I was wondering if call-chinese-names could contain some advice on
mailing lists and IM discussions.
In this message should I say that  Hui Deng wrote a great draft, or Deng
Hui?

When reading the from line of a message what should I do to try and
figure out which name is the given name or the family name?  The note
that family names are generally one character was very helpful in this regard.