Re: SHOULD and RECOMMENDED

I DO NOT agree that 2119 is the only source of consequence here.

Perhaps if I showed Dave Cridland an article on netiquete he could try to be less patronizing. Unlike some here I do not regard the RFC series as having divine inspiration.

Many other standards organizations use normative language. Though at this point who is following whom is difficult to determine.

RECOMMENDED is a very useful term to have. Particularly when writing specs for middleware.

The IETF document describing use of the term is WRONG it needs to be corrected. Any corrections would only apply to new specs that reference the new RFC.