RE: SHOULD and RECOMMENDED

my feeling and belief is that RFC 2119 only gives SHOULD and RECOMMENDED the same normative requirement level, but that it does not override or change the distinct meanings of these words in English.  sentences using each of these terms have different meanings in English, even when those sentences appear in RFCs.

-michael thornburgh