RE: Nomcom off in the wilderness: Transport AD

Henning,

	This is essentially what I meant in agree with Mary about including a personal CV.

	However, even in the ACM/IEEE cases, there is a pronounced tendency to go with
the better write-up than with necessarily the best candidate.  That's because practically
nobody actually knows the candidates.

	 Also, the positions where this is done are not usually the sort of position that is
likely to impact on the day-to-day job of the ACM/IEEE membership, even over the long
term - to the extent the effectiveness of an IESG candidate might.

	Still, on the whole, I agree that this sort of write up would be more helpful than not.

--
Eric