Re: ITU-T Dubai Meeting

> Hubris? it has already lasted 40.

and it's such a short way from 40 to "hundreds or thousands."  i get it.

> I can understand why people might not want to worry about long term
> issues but not why you would want to insult people who do think about
> them.

first, i did not insult anyone.  if you took it as an insult, take it up
with your shaman, rabi, priest, or shrink.

secondly,

> You botched DNSSEC deployment because you were incapable of
> considering such issues

damn!  and i missed where i had anything to do with dnssec deployment.
but i am glad we all now understand why it has fared so badly.

> if we accept your argument now we will get another botch job.

an i am guilty of ad homina?

> The fact that outcomes cannot be predicted with 100% certainty does
> not mean that all outcomes are equally likely or that we have
> absolutely no control over them or that there is no point in
> discussing them.

my point was predicting technology outcomes "hundreds if not thousands"
of years in the future is beyond hyperbolic.

randy