Re: ITU-T Dubai Meeting

Hubris? it has already lasted 40.

Hubris was proposing that the Clinton-Gore campaign deploy a Web
server in the White House when we had 100 people using it.

I can understand why people might not want to worry about long term
issues but not why you would want to insult people who do think about
them. Particularly in your particular case. You botched DNSSEC
deployment because you were incapable of considering such issues and
if we accept your argument now we will get another botch job.

The fact that outcomes cannot be predicted with 100% certainty does
not mean that all outcomes are equally likely or that we have
absolutely no control over them or that there is no point in
discussing them.

In context the statement was that we should not design infrastructure
on the basis that we can trust the individuals we put in charge of
them now. One of the fundamental reasons ICANN governance is a
disaster is that people who could and should have known better had
assumed we could trust Jon Postel.

More importantly for this issue, the fact that we might trust them
does not mean we should expect others to do so.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/