IETF rules and procedures - conditions to attribute credit

Hello there,

I went to read the IETF rules and procedures at

http://www.ietf.org/about/process-docs.html#RFC4181

I couldn’t find any particular rule for mentioning credits (or not). I guess this might have had a relation to some rights related issues?

Can anyone help here e.g. a pointer to a document? Or this is just best practices between contributors of good will?

Many thanks in advance for any advice/guidance/hint.

Best regards,

Jean-Pierre

EVAIN Jean-Pierre
EBU - Technology and Development