RE: IETF rules and procedures - conditions to attribute credit

> From: Evain, Jean-Pierre [evain@xxxxxx]
>
> I went to read the IETF rules and procedures at
>
> http://www.ietf.org/about/process-docs.html#RFC4181
>
> I couldn’t find any particular rule for mentioning credits (or not). I
> guess this might have had a relation to some rights related issues?

There are many meanings of "credit".  In regard to the matter of
giving credit in Internet-Drafts to the originators of the ideas or
writers of the text, it appears to me that the customs are the same as
for academic papers:  The authors of all ideas and text must be
exclicitly acknowledged.

Dale