Re: An Antitrust Policy for the IETF

I side with those who focus on solving real problems not hypothetical problems,

Does this mean that those who have not had a car accident should not carry auto insurance? Should those who have not had their house suffer damage from wind, rain, flood or fire or had someone sue them after slipping on the sidewalk should not have homeowner's insurance?

I do not understand this reference to theory -- apparently with the goal of deferring any action -- about something that is already known to be a legitimate danger in the real world of standards organizations.

Concern for an overly broad scope for the effort is another matter. Maintaining narrow focus is good for any effort...

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking