Re: An Antitrust Policy for the IETF

>Does this mean that those who have not had a car accident should not carry auto
>insurance?  Should those who have not had their house suffer damage from wind,
>rain, flood or fire or had someone sue them after slipping on the sidewalk
>should not have homeowner's insurance?

What does insurance have to do with an antitrust policy?

Insurance offers specific levels of indemnification for specified and
reasonably well understood risks.

An antitrust policy has nothing to do with indemnification, and if
anything is clear from this discussion, it's that we don't have any
idea what the risks actually are.

I suppose the suggestion to ask an actual anti-trust litigator if
there are risk mitigation steps we could take might be reasonable, but
it also strikes me as not unlike asking an herbalist if we need any
herbs.

R's,
John